Friday, June 3, 2011

Who reads books anymore?

So, who reads books anymore?And I mean real books, with real paper pages, not these dull, unfeeling reading tablets that you see more and more people carrying around these days. Boy I sound like a technological dinosaur, don't I? To be truthful I am far from it, most people would describe me as a bit a geek, or at least very tech savvy.

I just love the feel of actually turning the page and holding that sometimes oversized, weighty tome in my hands. They never run out of power, they are very tactile and when I look at my book shelves I can actually see I own hundreds of books. I also much prefer to see my kids with their faces buried in a book rather than yet another screen.

This blog is going to be about the books I am reading or have read. My reading time is usually very limited. I work full time, am married with two kids (8 and 3), I love to cook, I enjoy playing computer games, like to go fishing and am having trouble losing weight (LOL). So getting time to read can be a challenge, but I manage it and I usually devour books fairly quickly.

So whether you read books (real or otherwise) I invite you to join me as I kick of this blog with my latest reads, giving you my views and opinions, but I will also invite my followers to also give their views. Eventually this may become an on-line book club, which would be rather cool.

I warn you now though, my tastes mainly lay the genres of: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Action and occasionally the odd classic. I especially enjoy multi-volume storylines, so if you aren’t up for reading say the 13 (thus far) volumes of the Wheel of Time series, don’t worry I am not going to look at these books one after the other.

My first views will be cast forever on to this blog will be on volume one from the series known as A Song of Ice and Fire, George RR Martin’s:

A Game of Thrones

Cheers

Blaen

No comments:

Post a Comment